[Spridgets] SU question

Lee Fox lee.fox at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 10 15:15:37 MDT 2011

I put HS2s on my 1500 and they didn't have the extra fittings, just a
hole at the top of the bowl cover that would burp raw fuel sometimes on
a hot day at a stop light.

I changed the covers with a pair like you describe and hooked them up to
the evaporative system with charcoal canister and the smell went away.
After getting back from Midget 50 I've been plagued by a stumble at very
light throttle that has been driving me crazy. After going through the
entire car checking, adjusting and rechecking the problem was still
there. I then disconnected those hoses and the problem immediately went
away and the car runs better than it ever has. Turns out my canister was
plugged. Easy enough to fix.

If you don't have a charcoal canister my suggestion is to run hoses from
the vents away from the exhaust manifold and down near the ground. The
smell will be much less, as well as the fire potential. Don't just plug
them.

Lee