[Spridgets] What's wrong with this picture?

Jay jfishbein at snet.net
Tue Nov 8 20:40:21 MST 2011

It's hard to evaluate this without seeing your radiator hose and I contend your
old pipe is not for this car and therefore is not a good comparison.

I just compared your new pipe to the copper pipe, a factory original, on  my car
and mine appears to be the same as the one you received from VB.

The copper pipe on your engine should be roughly 2 inches closer to the
thermostat housing than you have it positioned.

On my car the inlet on the radiator hose for the copper pipe is much closer to
the head/block than on yours, requiring the bend to the left side of the car to
allow the pipe to run parallel to the valve cover and more than an inch from the
heat shield.

You should have two clamps to attach the copper pipe to the inlet manifold.

If you haven't tried to install the new pipe, I suggest you try that and also
verify you have the correct radiator hose.

Hope this helps.

 jay