[Spridgets] Gave in to TV while my Saturn, daily driver for 18 years blows #1 cylinder.

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 03:09:43 MST 2011

List,
After blowing the #1 cylinder in my 94 Saturn wagon 1st owner I folded and
contacted comcast for the 3rd time to finally get the correct answer. The
previous comcast tech support told me I could buy boxes and no extra fee
but they didn't work. Then after having no car (3rd spare engine being
installed this week) I called about the box and they said I could get 2
free boxes and no additional fee per month. So my good friend lent me her
daughters car (going to get that kid a nice gift/cash) and I picked up 2
converter boxes which worked and adds to the many remote controls ugh).

As for my Saturn I adore that little wagon and want no other car or their
car payments so i am hoping this engine will last at least 2 more years. I
have over 300k on the car I'm the 1st owner and I would love to find a
company to purchase a new or rebuilt engine for her but I have had no luck.

So I'm on my 3rd motor 3rd transmission which I had also rebuilt and would
like to keep her. I have looked at other small wagons and I don't like
Korean cars (yet) I would rather buy American I can buy Japanese, I prefer
hand crank windows. I don't want to spend over 18K. Finances are too poor
to buy new right now but hoping in 2 more years I can. Honda Fit is a tad
too tiny but the closest to what I have at 18K unfortunately power windows.

I'm still going to look for Grandmas old wagon sitting in her garage with
low miles and roll down windows ; )
Lin