[Spridgets] Electric Vehicles.

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Sun May 8 22:02:33 MDT 2011

I think you are a little off.
Diesel electric locomotives move huge amounts of stuff daily.
Electric forklifts do work daily.  The technology is here now for
electric vehicles to do real work.
All we really need is a little advancement in batteries.

Right now I'm leaning toward Diesel.  For some stupid reason people in
other countries have choices of Diesel vehicles that we don't get
here.
Call me a conspiracy theorist but I find it criminal that our
government mandates things like ethanol and at the same time makes
auto makers produce more fuel efficient vehicles.  With Diesel
vehicles getting 40-50 MPG regularly I don't see why people are so
taken with current Hybrid offerings.  In contrast with 1988 Honda
CRX-HFs getting 50+ on gasoline with carburetors I find modern Hybrids
to be lame.