[Spridgets] Another Discussion Group

Robert Evans b-evans at earthlink.net
Mon May 2 11:55:05 MDT 2011

Michael MacLean wrote:  "I meant legally, as if that would happen.  And
heck, you see some of these jokers on Hondas with Nazi helmets.  These
wannabes are out to ruin biker scum reputations."

Hey Mike, have you noticed Anaheim (and perhaps other cities as well)
motorcycle cops with assault weapons (M16/AR-15) mounted on the rear of
their motors?  Dumb as dog dirt, but cowboy cops (the dangerous ones) love
the image.  Of course when I was a cop in the 1960's, I objected to having
to wear helmets even inside a black and white.  I felt that it projected an
unfavorable military image that would only provoke the macho idiots, and
that John Q. Public would find offensive.  The funny thing is that an
acquaintance in town agreed with me whole-heartedly.  Frank Link and I got
along great.  I knew he would try to get away with anything he could, and he
knew I would bust him for anything (including riding his m/c on the
sidewalk) I could catch him at.  A leader of the Orange County Hell's
Angels, he and I would shoot the breeze all the time (although we both
"knew" he had supplied the shotgun that killed a cop), and he said that the
chief was making a BIG mistake by making all of us wear helmets.  He said it
made us look like the Gestapo in our black uniforms with tons of leather.
Frank was a real nasty piece of work, later making even worse headlines in
Florida and Georgia (http://tinyurl.com/3pgtang,

http://tinyurl.com/3hvta3t).

Buster Evans