[Spridgets] 1962 MK II Sprites did not come with rubber transmission mat see article.....

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 18:32:36 MST 2011

Jay I know your reply was mostly directed to Ed.
I knew the hard tops were ether black or white from reading Terry's book,
but did you know the Warwick hardtop could be ordered in matching colors? I
got that tip from Jon Whitehouse-Bird in the UK.

Personally I find "factory specks" very interesting and I got that form the
guys on the VW bus forums as I need to keep my westfilia as close to stock
as possible for when I eventually sell it. The more I study the VW Split
window bus the more I find the original from factory specks interesting for
all kinds of stuff. Although I also like and appreciate vintage period speed
accessories or just interesting vintage period accessories like the Judson
Supercharger, the ARE Libre wheels, Talbott mirrors  and several period
steering wheels.

I'm not interested in restoring a trophy car although I would like to bring
my car so others can see some history. That is why it is hard to repaint my
pink sprite I'm trying to find the fine line in my comfort zone of close to
original and looks presentable. I love patina (what the VW Split Window bus
guys call original faded and rusted paint) so I may just do a little welding
& a blend as a start. As for the new hardtop she looks like crap and needs
paint badly maybe I'll do a faded deep pink to look like patina.  I finally
understand why the top dollar cars are original cars because like they say
it is only original once ; )
Lin