[Spridgets] Springfield Military Spec

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Tue Feb 22 13:54:37 MST 2011

I have a 1918 Erfurt Arsenal commercial Luger.  The local gun shop was selling
Russian buy back guns captured in WWII several years ago.  I got to the shop
as they were unloading a batch and got to pick out a choice one.  All numbers
matching (except the magazine) and very good condition.  I paid $369 for it.
Had it valued recently at $2000.  I did the same thing to pick out an Enfield
No 4 MKII rifle, new in the arsenal wrapping, never fired. (has about 100
rounds through it now)  I was at the gun shop when they were opening the new
load of guns. The gun is spectacular.  Very blond wood, perfect parkarized
finish and metal in the white looks like chrome.  I paid $169 for that one.
Now valued at $800.  Guns can be an investment.  Just have to know what to
buy.  A lot of reading and research into the market and a good hunch usually
helps me out.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2