[Spridgets] Powder coated wheel question..

Dave KK7SS kk7ss at frontier.com
Mon Aug 29 23:43:39 MDT 2011

For Bruce (questionable purist <g>) Blair
We matched the color on the well inside of the rim (original color) as best we could,which turned out to be Pale Avacado!!! Original body color seems to be about the same as Buick Riviera Blue.
The finished product cured a little darker than 'pale'. Never Mind!

For Bill L,
They are original wheels that someone had re-painted (badly).
I had them bead blast all the crud off and then Powder Coated.
I think they may have even clear coated them... real shiny <g>

For WFO Herb,
Qty 4, 14" rims @ $25 each - Light Avacado.
Qty 1, Small Air cleaner and lid $40 - Black
Qty 1, Rocker cover $40 - Black
The air cleaner was small and thinner metal, had to be careful with the blasting.
And I didn't want any powder coating on the inside of the Rocker Cover.

To Vigil, Billy Z, and all others:
Thanks for the advice <g>
Consensus is to mount them, usual torque, and then re-check after putting a few miles on them.

Now to stick some 165/65x14's on them.

--
Dave G  KK7SS
 Richland, WA