[Spridgets] Brakes Bleeding

Guy R Day grday at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 5 09:40:24 MDT 2011

There are hose clamps and there are hoses that collapse internally.  The two
seem to be connected.
If you have a look at a brake hose - they have quite a thick wall - and then
squash it enough for it to resist a flow of pressurised brake fluid (that's
you pressing the brakes!) you will see the inner lining of the hose has
undergone quite a transformation in shape and has started its journey to
laminar separation and eventual collapse.
Yes, they make and sell various devices to do this but  imho  all of them
have a strong potential for causing unseen damage to a life preserving
system.  I do not use brake hose clamps.

If you want to block off part of a brake system, try making up various pipe
connections with a short length of pipe running through them and squash and
fold the short length of pipe in a vice.  They are also handy for checking
you've got the right thread.  Alternatively, wire - clamp - ratchet strap
the shoes closed in situe and that produces the same effect and checks your
slave cylinder rubbers for leakage as well.

Jess does have a problem on his hands and I believe he has to go right back
to basics to find out what the DPO has done.  I strongly suspect there has
been a problem with the m/cyl as the DPO would have no reason to remove the
clutch and brake output lines together - other than to play with or remove
the m/cyl.  This could have resulted in a re-build that isn't quite right.

Guy R Day