[Spridgets] Roundabouts (was Royal Wedding)*

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 09:11:56 MDT 2011

I agree that roundabouts can be wonderful. Grew up with them in Brazil
and they worked well. I now live less than a mile from "Suicide
Circle", the only roundabout in the Chicago area that sees much
traffic. It is a bit of a disaster, partially because it is poorly
designed and partially because no one knows what it is. Six entrances,
four of which are dual lane, all of which have stop signs; two lanes
around it, but not enough of a diameter to justify the inner lane. At
any given moment, at least half of the entrances seem to be populated
by people who have never seen one before. Yuck!
David L