[Spridgets] did a little more work on my project car today

corvallis at peoplepc.com corvallis at peoplepc.com
Sat Apr 9 19:25:16 MDT 2011

I had a Mercedes 190SL engine I tried to save the pistons out of.
Tried everything that you could think of. I poured various penetrating
liquids on the piston tops over a period of a month.
Finally used dry ice on the piston top(s) drove them out through the bottom
of the block. They were shot as the aluminum piston ring lands had turned to
white aluminum oxide from age. ...bill in corvallis