[Spridgets] Fuel Gauge and Float Check

Hotmail nsliwinski at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 29 14:48:06 MDT 2010

Hello Group.

I have recently purchased a '73 Midget with a broken fuel gauge. As a winter
project I would like to "fix" it. How do I "test" the circuit - gauge and
float outside the car? Having 2 of each I check continuity with an Ohm meter
and the reading was full scale.  I than hooked up one pole of the fuel gauge
to the Bat + the second to the + pole on the float and second to ground. I
do not get any reading on the gauge when I move the lever on the float. What
am I doing wrong?

Norbert