[Spridgets] Ebay (Long)

Jay jfishbein at snet.net
Wed Sep 29 08:14:04 MDT 2010

As an occasional seller on ebay, I have shipped all but the largest items to
overseas addresses without any problems.

I must say that the last overseas shipments were probably 2 years ago and
therefore before some of the latest changes to ebay and PayPal policies.

But I never had a problem. I have shipped USPS, FedEx and UPS. For me it is
sometimes a bit tedious to have to complete the customs forms, but I believe
that opening-up my auctions to foreign buyers widens the market and in some
cases, attracts higher bids.

Getting back to ebay policies, I don't like many of the changes that ebay made,
but in the end, they were just trying to weed-out the sellers that might take
advantage of a buyer by not disclosing known defects, damage, or poor condition
of an item.

The policies also seem to have reduced if not completely cleared-up the problems
associated with gouging on shipping since many sellers now ship for free.

That's just my opinion. YMMV as some have problems with ebay and PayPal. I have
never had a problem with either that went unresolved.

jay