[Spridgets] Bugeye door hinge

Bill Masquelier billmasq at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 24 16:11:13 MDT 2010

It is probably a lot easier just to get another set of hinges- I THINK that
they are the same thru all years and I know that lots of us have spares.
Say the word and you will probably have lots of offers.
BillM

> To: spridgets at autox.team.net
> From: an5.sprite at gmail.com
> Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 19:35:08 +0000
> Subject: [Spridgets] Bugeye door hinge
>
> I am looking for some advice on rebuilding my Bugeye's door hinges.
>
> When I took apart the hinge the pin was frozen to the center section and was
rotating on the top and bottom. This seemed wrong as the pin on the top and
bottom had small splines. As would be expected this wore away the metal pretty
quickly once I started using the car.

> Is it enough to just get an oversize pin and drill/ream everything to fit or
is there enough metal to drill out and add a bushing without ending up with a
part that is too weak.