[Spridgets] Runs great, but terrible mileage - Weber 40 for sale

uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 00:15:48 MDT 2010

Please do not take this post wrong.

I am very curious your post.

When do you fill up?

According to the figures you sent you were under 27 mpg at 200 miles.
I own a Morris Minor rag top. My tank is only .point 6 gallons bigger.
Your tank is listed at 7.2 - mine is at 7.8 and the Morris has more wind
resistance.
I get better mpg then you have stated with 1973 1275 motor & tranmission.
I run at 20-25 over all with Town & Freeway driving.
Running PCH at posted speeds i get 30.7 MPG - last checked
I just had the car tuned so i think i will get better the next time i check.
I do have a 3.90 rear end and the stock 4 speed rib cage transmission.
The running gear is 73 midget with no smog equipment.
My car is not as heavy as the sprite but lighter then the midget.
Both specs are with in  a couple of hundred pounds which is not much.
I am wondering why your mileage is so far off from my car.
Do Webbers eat that much more gas over the SU carb's?
I thought about installing a Weber 40 & was told not to if i wanted any mleage
at all.
I have a weber 40 cleaned & rebuilt with the manifold i would like to sell.
If no one gives me what i want for the set up. i will be putting it on EBay in
the near future.
I would sell the carb & manifold that have been bead blasted, Cleaned and
rebuilt for $300.
That is less then the carb sells for on Ebay - if interested contact me off
line @
uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com

Vigil