[Spridgets] Automatic transmission

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 19:22:56 MDT 2010

Yes I'm sure the car will need a lot, but the person she was talking to about
doing the work is very capable and knowledgeable of these cars. As for wanting
originality - I didn't get that at all from her. She just wants to be able to
drive her car again and is uncomfortable about the manual tranny. I suggested
B1800 engine and tranny or maybe a Pinto drivetrain a couple of days ago.
There
is already one person in the club with a Volvo drivetrain in his TD
(don't
groan, this was a swap done to his car many years ago and was
apparently a
popular one in years past).

I also agree that finding an
already matched engine and tranny would be far
easier than a bunch of
fabrication. But this has certainly turned into an
interesting discussion of
what if's and what could be's.

David Booker
Long Island