[Spridgets] gotta remove the oil filter??

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 13:40:07 MDT 2010

Lin...

Starter only needs to move straight out less than a full inch so dip stick
tube shouldn't interfere.  Here is really nothing in there to hang up that I
can think of...  Maybe tap it a few times with a soft mallet as you pull it
forward?  Try rocking it a bit as you pull?

Cheers!!
Jim

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 1:41 PM, <corvallis at peoplepc.com> wrote:

> Your post made it, and I don't know the answer. .bill in corvallis
>

> "List,
>
> I got both bolts out (I see that tricky spot needed under the passengers
>
> side access Frank) but I can seem to get the starter completely out. I had
>
> it in gear then out of gear and it is hanging up on the very end. Does it
>
> need to come streight out therefore needing to remove the oil filer? (I
> have
>
> the 1275 motor) or is there another way? Should I have someone press on the
>
> clutch?
>

> Lin"
>
>  _____

Cheers!!
Jim
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of
thinking that
created them."-Albert Einstein