[Spridgets] SU question for racer types...

fastvee fastvee at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 06:13:00 MST 2010

Hi Lester,
You should be looking at the throttle plates, linkage, and gaskets. I don't
know how tall of a spacer you made, but an extra gasket should be all that's
necessary to lower the fuel level if necessary. If it won't idle lower than
3000 rpm the engine is getting too much air regardless of fuel level. You
should start with both throttle plates closed, and then open both 1/2 turn or
whatever it takes to get it running. You will probably need to remove the
spacer also or there won't be enough suction at the jet to lift fuel the extra
distance. You didn't say where the jets were positioned? Start with them flush
with the bridge, and then drop them 12 flats to start.
John
Fogelsville, PA