[Spridgets] more speedometer fun!

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Sun May 23 19:11:14 MDT 2010

On 5/23/2010 6:38 PM, ryan.kubanoff at comcast.net wrote:
> So i hit the cable with liberal amounts of graphite and reinstalled it and snugged it back into its gauge. the speedo works fairly well at speeds under 30 but when the car is shifted into 3rd and DRIVEN.....i can do 110+ in 3rd gear! somehow this doesn't seem correct (although if it was real would be lots o fun!).
> I pulled the cable out of the gauge and used my finger to see how it was working and all seemed well. Any ideas as to what is the cause or how to fix? This will be my 2nd speedo in 3 years.

I think your speedometer drive gear, the spiral inside the tranny, is
slipping on the rear shaft.
Or the drive gear itself is shot.
I have both, the plastic drive is an easy fix, if it's the spiral inside
the tranny, that is no fun.
Some transmission dis-assembly required.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ