[Spridgets] Winner of the worst paint job on a Midget

Lester oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Thu May 6 10:33:55 MDT 2010

That's nuttin'..

Back in the early 80's we had a sort of Rally Team out of Ruston
Louisiana.  The one guy who could afford to go to the events was Will
Wright (Yes gamers, the guy who wrote The Sims") and he bought this
beat up Ford Econoline Van as a tow vehicle.  Well I got bored one
afternoon and found all of the racing stickers I could find, Koni,
Marchall, Cibie', Timewise, everything..  I stuck them in one
convenient area in a random pattern and then took the lettering
remaining from having to do the car doors and the side of the van now
said, "We wish we had sponsors like: " above all the stickers.  Also,
the fuel filler door had "Nitromethane ONLY!!"  above it and the door
had "Douglas DC-10" .  Those of you old enough may recall that Douglas
was having a bit of a problem with that model.. ;-)

Lester

.. alas, no pics..