[Spridgets] A Big Thanks

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 15:03:10 MST 2010

Wanted to say thank you to all of your who helped me with my throwout
bearing issue.

I trimmed the rod on the slave to spec (thanks to Frank for the
measurements) and got the engine back in and sorted out last night (after
also sorting the plug wires back in correctly. .  you should have heard the
boom coming from Northern California when I started it up and had the plug
wires in bassakwards)!  Sounded like a shot gun going off.

It is running like a champ. .  smooth and fast for a 1275 with bolt on HP,
OER (Weber). headers, Monza exhaust, high energy electronic ignition,
electric fan. . . .  .

There are no words to express how much fun this car is to drive (for me
anyway).

Was it Charleton Heston who said, "You will have to pry this Sprite from my
cold dead fingers?"

I look at the big Healeys and get the impression that they handle more like
an American 4 door sedan as compared to my 59 with racing springs, sway bar,
urethane bushings and disk brakes, etc etc etc!

How do I know. .  I have never driven one or even rode in one!

Thanks again to everyone. . .

Kirk