[Spridgets] Toyota Gas Pedal Stuck Situation. . Question

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Fri Mar 12 15:41:04 MST 2010

Brad Fornal wrote:
> You DO NOT want to turn the key off and risk having the steering wheel lock
> up. Also, many cars now have the proximity push button, rather than using a
> key.

So if you push the button with it on, will it shut off?
I never started a "modern" car with a push button.
An old Mini, Sprite, and an old Volvo with a busted ign switch all had
push buttons to start em but if you switched off the key (or ignition
switch)
The car would die.
On a modern car if you switch the key off one click, it will die, the
steering only locks if you pull the key out.
At least in my 01 truck and 03 Jaguar. Neither have a push button
starter though.
It all boils down to this.....
We have dumbed down the sheeple of this country to a point where they
can not think at all, let alone think for themselves.
My wife was just telling me about her friend from work,
They went to lunch in her car, Diane notice a very low tire, Carol said
her husband will check it out over the weekend.
This was Monday, Diane said just stop and get air, Carol had no idea how
to put air in a tire.
So Diane did it. Now how can a 50 something year old woman not have a
clue as to putting air in a tire?
I taught my daughter how to change her own oil, change a flat tire,
inspect her tires, gave her a brief idea as to what the front end is and
does, what to listen for or what to do in case of an emergency. And I
told her about brake fad and what to do incase the gas pedal got stuck.
And I did this when she was 17, she is now 27 and when the tire shop
told her she needed a new transintoxicator relay valve, she said fine,
I'll pick one up after you install my new tires and install it myself.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ