[Spridgets] Fwd: [Philly_MG_Club] FW: University Motors is back!!!

Larry Macy lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Thu Mar 11 19:48:36 MST 2010

Dunno if anyone heard this yet.

Larry
> Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 16:22:14 -0600
> Subject: University Motors is back!!!
> From: distributorguy at gmail.com
> To: zmagnette at mgcars.org.uk
>
> Here is a post from the MG Experience this morning:
>

> When, nearly one year ago, as the Michigan economy was collapsing and my
wife Caroline's health failing, we had no option but to cease fulltime
business. During the following seven months I cared for Caroline as the cancer
sapped her strength, but never her will. Spending increasingly greater time
with her at home, I simply could not attend to business.
> We sent notices to our customers thanking them for their years of support.
We sent notices to our suppliers; we discharged our employees with severance;
we had an auction to sell off shop equipment and MG memorabilia.
> Caroline died in January. As I pondered my future, I could not escape the
undeniable fact: MG is my destiny. We are now re-awakening University Motors.

> My son, Brooks, has taken his mother Caroline's place in the office, we have
two of our original mechanics back at work, and we are working to
re-invigorate University Motors. We offer bench, line, and restoration
services, as well as MG education via DVDs and technical seminars, on-site and
off-site. Our new website will be online soon. We are not yet at speed but we
are on the entrance ramp to full time business.

> Our old advertisements read: A lifelong dedication to the marque. That
statement is as true today as it was when we first used it. Thanks to all who
have supported us through this very dismal and heartrending time. We hope to
be of service to you during your MG ownership.

--

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Secretary
Philadelphia MG Club

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by
the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened.
But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche