[Spridgets] Floorpan drains

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Wed Mar 10 14:17:44 MST 2010

Does anyone have experience putting drain holes in the floor pans?  How many, how big, where?  Must they have protection from road splash, or is it better just to let the water slosh in and out?

Today, I finished the last of the metal work on my BE tub - replacing an inner fender - and I will soon start stripping and painting.  I must bring it home to the big 240v compressor and work in the yard, which is subject to salt spray in storms - not the best environment - so I expect to work in sections, stripping, priming, and  painting all but the finished top-sides, which I can do in a cleaner place with my small 120v compressor.  All advice is gratefully accepted.

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
'60 Sprint kit
Long Island, NY