[Spridgets] Cool wheel VTO? Just like the AMR Libre.

David Riker davriker at nwi.net
Tue Jun 15 08:03:11 MDT 2010

I just faced this dilema with my 63 Falcon.  I found a nice straight stock
set of 13" 5 lug wheels and had them sand blasted and powder coated.  I then
went to buy tires.  The stock C78-13.  In radials, that's a 185/80/13.
Firestone lists them, but has been on national backorder for 8 months,
Hankook lists them, also on backorder.  Maxxis (?).  Then there were snow
tires, and trailer tires.  That's it.  I found a set at Les Schwab (house
brand made by Hankook).  Next time I need tires for it, my only choice will
probably be the reproductions from Cooker Tire, pricey, and Bias Ply.
Dave Riker
PS,  So how about he makes a set of those wheels in 15"x5 for Midgets?
They'd work on RWA and Bugeye's.......