[Spridgets] Now here is a real Hangar

uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 23:08:57 MDT 2010

Check this out - If you like hangers - you can fly through this one.
They keep the good year Blimp there for service and during high winds..
The place has its own weather - it was raining inside and it was 95 out side.
I had the good furtune to see these inside and out on a vist with a friend.
He was the Good Year Blimp pilot so i got a few rides - what fun ride.

Vigil

#yiv1150192883 .hmmessage P {
PADDING-RIGHT:0px;PADDING-LEFT:0px;PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;MARGIN:0px;PADDING-TOP:
0px;}
#yiv1150192883 .hmmessage {
FONT-SIZE:10pt;FONT-FAMILY:Verdana;}

Don't know how many of you are interested in this history but here it is.  The
city of Tustin and County of Orange produced this video as part of the future
use of the LTA base and hangers.  Many of you remember the activity there and
some have been involved.  My Academy class had a party at the base staff club
which ended in a small fight.  We had two Marines in our class and they were
in civilian clothes and both took offense at comments from other Marines who
were complaining why a bunch of cops were in the staff club.  Both Marines,
CID Investigators, told the other Marines to shut up and when they didn't a
fight started.  The MP's were called and things calmed down BUT it was kind of
wild for a few minutes.  I don't recall how many threw punches but it was
about 15-20 as I recall.  We had a few pissed off wives and the party stopped
a little early.  I remember hearing one of the CID Sgt's make the comment that
nobody was going to insult
 his classmates so he punched the SOB.

Anyway the video is interesting and brings back some good memories.  One USMC
birthday ball (I think that was the reason for the dance) was held in the
south hanger sometime in the late 1960's but even though I was there I can't
recall the exact year or the specific reason.  Old age.

Anyway enjoy the video.

Pat

http://tustinca.org/VIDEOS/HANGARSHISTORY.WMV