[Spridgets] One Lone Innocenti Spider - The Italian Sprite

Jay jfishbein at snet.net
Tue Jul 20 10:09:54 MDT 2010

If anyone on the list has any interest, I have one last unrestored Innocenti
Spider I am selling.

After all of my years of collecting them and ending-up with a whopping total of
seven, I am down to just two cars: My restored 950 spider and one unrestored
Innocenti S.

The car is fairly complete, has the original 1098 engine, and most of the
hard-to-find parts including bumpers, a good windshield, most of the rubber
interior, seats, air cleaner, and so-on. It has 18,000 original miles but does
need some rot repair as it spent most of it's like on an island off the cost of
Maine.

The car is in Wallingford, CT and I can deliver it a reasonable distance if
necessary.

If you're not familiar with these cars, they were Austin-Healey Sprites build
under license from BMC by the Lambretta company in Italy. They have a different
body and Magneti-Marelli electrics. They are somewhat rare and the popular
number thrown around of known  examples in the U.S. is 30.

A detailed article can be found on Ed's website.
http://www.justbrits.com/Articles/innocenti.htm

Here is a Google link to some images:
http://tinyurl.com/394mjn2

jay fishbein