[Spridgets] Vintage racing in Joliet, IL

Peter Caldwell peter at nosimport.com
Thu Jul 8 11:47:25 MDT 2010

At 12:11 PM 7/8/2010, Deikis, John G wrote:
>Got a free weekend?

Maybe... still on the fence. Don't need your pass if I do, though.

><SNIP>
>
>--JohnD
>

>p.s.: Peter Caldwell:   do you remember pulling pieces of front seal
>spring out of my timing cover at Blackhawk a couple of years back? Well,
>another big piece came out stuck to my magnetic drain plug last Sunday
>when I drained my winter oil!
Yep... very well, and the lesson learned is/was, when tightening the
crank bolt, be sure the slinger is properly positioned, as if not,
the slinger can become pinched behind the key, be off center, and
tear the $hit out of the seal.

Right John?

Peter