[Spridgets] Vintage racing in Joliet, IL

Deikis, John G John.Deikis at va.gov
Thu Jul 8 11:11:58 MDT 2010

Got a free weekend?

I've been so busy this spring and summer, I haven't been able to pay
much attention to Spridgets, or anything else motorized for that matter.

But, last weekend I did get the #49 "Works Midget" buttoned up (new head
and a few details) and running. And except for an annoying "break-up" as
the car accelerates past 4700 RPM, I seem to have good water temps,
EGT's  and compression. So, I faxed in my entry for the vintage race at
Autobahn Country Club in Joliet for the weekend of 7/24-25.  I have
great hopes of solving my "irregular high speed miss" this weekend and
making the grid next week.

So, the "free weekend" query...

Stalwart  JohnsfollyMotorsports crew chief and sandwich-maker, Rick
Fisk, is planning to have a grandchild that weekend. And "She Who Must
Be Obeyed" does not spend weekends in Illinois on purpose.

Consequently, I have a couple of paid crew passes available for anyone
who can keep a Spridget running and keep me calm and focused between
events. (Trembling hands keep me from turning wrenches between races).

Contact me off-list-best address is

johnsfolly AT gmail DOT com

--JohnD

p.s.: Peter Caldwell:   do you remember pulling pieces of front seal
spring out of my timing cover at Blackhawk a couple of years back? Well,
another big piece came out stuck to my magnetic drain plug last Sunday
when I drained my winter oil!