[Spridgets] Ralph Nader. . Corvair

Biff Jones biffjones at verizon.net
Sat Jul 3 13:14:50 MDT 2010

Lester,

Your father was correct about the axles having no restraining straps and yes
(BTDT) they could 'droop' enough resulting in riding on the sidewall of the
tire.  I had a brand new Corvair Monza Spider convertible and the axle
problem happened to me a couple of times once I mastered how to keep the
front end forward.  I can't remember how many times I swapped ends before I
managed to retrain my cornering techniques.  There is a long story as to why
I never made my first payment on the car and why the dealer took it back and
gave me not only my money back but a '60 Corvette free.

Biff