[Spridgets] oil leaks MAJOR at rpm

Leo S 60bugeye at cebridge.net
Tue Jan 12 16:31:17 MST 2010

The oil pressure saga I have been havng with Iris has got to come to an end.
As most know, Iris's oil pressure has been arond 7 - 10 at idle and 20 or so
at rpm (motor only has around 1.5k on it).  Front felt seal failed with only
around 1k on motor so I changed over to a neoprene seal , also just changed
out the oil pressure relief spring and no change.  Today on a short ride at
around 55 when I glanced in the rear view morror it looked like a fogger.
Pulled over and oil was dripping from all over the underside.  No leaks from
the timing seal, none from around the pan.... soooo....  pistons are on their
way, and gathering prts.  New bottom end will get done along with a check of
the current head on Iris.  Is it possible to pull the motor without removing
the bonnet?  any body have  good method to re-ligning the hood in a manner
which is SAFE in relaations to paint?   I really dont want any chips in the
paint.  This is getting to be a drag:(  Maybe Iris needs the 1275 sitting here
installed in her... Better get that thought out of my mind..

Leo