[Spridgets] Maniflow LCB Header

Hal Faulkner frog.aye at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 17:32:24 MST 2010

Frank,
I just had Swain Technology coat my LCB header.  Something they call white
lightning.  Don't know how effective it is, but it seems tough.  Very hard
and kinda rough, like 60 grit sandpaper.

For the manifold itself, check with MiniSpares.  I purchased "MANIFOLD
SPRITE LCB LM031"(104.40 BSP) from them, got it in less than a week, and
spent significantly less for it than the APT price (it cost me $228 to my
door). I was surprised that it wasn't a very big package as they simply
wrapped it in several layers if cardboard and mylar tape.  MiniSpares are
quick to respond via email and quick to ship.  OTOH, they don't stock the
large bore LCB ("MANIFOLD SPRITE LARGE BORE LCB LM033 CUSTOMER ORDER ONLY")
and it shows up much more expensive than the one I got at 181.25BSP.
According to Vizard, unless you're squeezing quite a bit of power out of the
engine the smaller manifold will work very well.  YMMV.
Shipping was not as expensive as I would have thought and MiniSpares will
quote up front so you know what you are in for.
I have very good service from APT and don't have any qualms about purchasing
from them, but the price difference was pretty large.  BTW, the prices on
their web site are not very current so I always reccomend calling them to
confirm price and availability.
Hal