[Spridgets] compressor thoughts

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Wed Feb 17 15:15:01 MST 2010

Mike,
If it's an "old" Ingersoll-Rand 2 stage unit, it is highly likely that it
runs the same speed as a comparable Quincy unit.  Compared to the cheaper,
single stage compressors, the Champion and the Quincy may be significantly
less noisy.......but they're still far from being quiet.  Of course, as I
get older, I find that I have become much more sensitive to noise of any
type.
Too many days (weeks/months/years) spent in the same room with large, marine
turbo-diesels operating at full power, w/heavy loads on them have left taken
their toll on my hearing.......  I used to love the sound of big horsepower
(still do, if it's produced by EMD or Fairbanks-Morse), but I now avoid
"noise" whenever I can.
Bud Osbourne