[Spridgets] Seperation of Church and State

John Innis jdinnis at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 20:56:41 MST 2010

Actually it was intended to prevent the government from establishing
ANY religion as the official religion of the United States.  This was
done to prevent any particular group from being discriminated against
on the basis of religion.  Discrimination is why the puritans cane to
America in the first place, to escape persecution from the Church of
England.  But letters written at the time also show that our founding
fathers wanted to make America a place welcoming to those of the
Jewish faith.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/jdinnis@gmail.com