[Spridgets] No LBC more lathe questions

Gregory Groiss ggroiss at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 05:32:43 MST 2010

Linda,

Have you checked out the reviews on mini-lathe.com? Most of the models
on the site seem to be made by Sieg (in China). I've used the Harbor
Freight mini lathe with good results and you could get one of those
for around $399 if you search around for a 20% off coupon.

http://www.mini-lathe.com/Mini_lathe/Capabilities/Capabilities.htm

Greg

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 6:26 AM, Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner at gmail.com>
wrote:
> List,
> Turns out the school will give me $500. to buy a lathe unfortunatly it must
> be new to be under our insurance blanket. I am leaning toward the cheap
> mill/lathe I posted earlier but in contact with Nick Carter regarding what
> he has. I will also buy an eBay lathe if resonable in price as a backup
> being the cheap one doesn't cut ferous mertals. I received this eBay
auction
> at under $200. from a member on the list and it doesn't seem to be moving
in
> bids so I wonder if something expensive is missing in comparison to the
> second one below that is near $500. now. Besides the obvious wooden box and
> documents missing does anyone see any red flags? I was thinking of a last
> minute bid of $250. or $300.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Unimat-DB200-Lathe-extras-/160512656589?pt=LH_DefaultDoma
in_0&hash=item255f4cc4cd

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&hash=item3cb2c9f8b4&item=260697
618612&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=C5L7cvxBLE18dvC1qRmRHTs9VaY%25
3D