[Spridgets] Speaking of Harley Davidsons

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 10:57:57 MDT 2010

"I made my initial post early this morning before I
went to sleep.  Obviously
this thread has taken on
a life of it's own..." Mike MacLean

Mike - I can
relate to every statement you just made
from the fun of setting off car alarms
(loud pipes save
lives) to loving the HD quirks like we all love our LBC
quirks.

I am the one who wrote about resale value - but that
was really
more of an excuse to buy it than an actual
reason. The bike I got was not
exactly what I wanted,
but was what I could fit into the budget. I knew that
if time came to move to THE bike, I may not have the
money to keep both, so
resale value entered into the
equation. I could spend more on a Harley and
keep
most of the value down the road, or spend less on a
Japanese bike and
then have it be worth half to a
quarter of what I paid. Like I said - it was
really an
excuse to go ahead and get a Harley like I really
wanted to do
anyway.

David Booker