[Spridgets] Speaking of Harley Davidsons

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 19:23:44 MDT 2010

Harley has improved quality over the last 30 years but not on pace
with other bike makers, IMHO.  They did what they had to do and what
was long overdue to keep their products marketable.  To me, Harley
used to be a rider's bike.  Now it seems like only bikers, dentists,
and lawyers ride Harleys.  They were cooler when there weren't so many
of them.  I'm sure I could find one that was comfortable and enjoyable
to ride but I'd probably enjoy a Ducati more.
I've seen more BMW bikes with over 100,000 miles than all other makers combined.
Back in the day the riders made the bikes cool.  Nowadays people seem
to think the bikes make the riders cool.
No offense to any Hog owners.  I used to long for a Hog.  But, as
Harley changed, so did my longings.

BTW, if you haven't seen The World's Fastest Indian it is worth a
watch.  The movie came up at a recent dual sport riders dinner and I
was surprised how many life long riders hadn't even heard of the it.