[Spridgets] Shifting Inconsistencies with a Rib Case Gear Box

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Thu Aug 5 12:34:42 MDT 2010

On 8/5/2010 12:29 PM, Kirk Hargreaves wrote:
> First to second. .  my clutch releases early.  . yet on an inconsistent
> basis.
>
> When early, It releases just about an inch or less from full down on the
> pedal.  Second gear to turd and fourth, the clutch works perfect.
>
> Downshifting third to second.  . the clutch might act up again, however,
> again, at times it is fine.

Seems like it is only doing this after a brief waiting period.
When first going, then after driving and when you go to down shift.
This would make me think the seal in the slave or master is hanging up
just a bit.
Or did you forget the spring in the slave when you rebuilt it?
Something is sticking I think.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ