[Spridgets] Heater Box Clips

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 20:05:50 MDT 2010

It sounds like you are in good shape with the temps you mention.
185F is right where you want to be.  You probably have a 180F
thermostat and it is regulating close to that value, which is good.

Don't resort to different fans or anything unless you run into
an issue.

I am running water wetter with about 25% anti-freeze.
Red Line only claims a few degrees improvement for the water wetter
but I believe it the science behind surfactants and I'll take those few degrees
over turning on the heater any day of the week!

The biggest improvement in my case came from taking the radiator
to a professional shop and having them clean 40+ years of scaling out of it.
I can't believe how much better it became after doing this.  I'm sure they
used some sort of proprietary acid solution, but it needs to be mild so as not to eat the
copper or brass.   If you ever have to do this look for radiator shops that works
on boats.  If you remove the radiator and take it to them the cost is minimal.
The place I went to was J&J Radiator in Delran NJ.

BTW, Skip what kind of Spridget do you have?
After looking through the books it appears that the later cars with slanted heater box
did have the clips painted black.