[Spridgets] The Run-offs

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 27 16:39:03 MDT 2009

Let's try that again, but not on a Blackberry. I only had a few hours to be at
the track, but it was a great experience to see my first glimpse of the
Runoffs. My buddy Reid Hazelton picked up 11 spots in the Form Ford race
group. He was amazing - he picked off four guys in the first lap, and passed 2
guys in the best pass I have ever seen anyone make in Turn 6. The kid is
driving a 17 year old Van Dieman - he's giving away a ton in aerodynamics
alone. In the last lap, he had just overtaken the 5th car when a link broke
(way more serious than mine, DL!). With the 2 leaders balle dup, he would have
ended up 3rd. Oh well - he's a rookie, plenty of time to get faster.

I also
got to meet John Caffrey - a pleasure. I look forward to seeing him on the
track and at the 50th.

Still never had a bad day at Road America,
Ron

--- On

<soavero at yahoo.com>
"kk7ss at verizon.net" <kk7ss at verizon.net>
<spridgets at autox.team.net>
> Date: Sunday, September 27, 2009, 3:17 PM
> Reid
went from 16th to 6th, got bu to
> 5th when rear link broke on last lap. He
would have had a
> podium with 1 and 2 tangled up.you don't pick up 1w
> spots
in the runoffs - what a talent.

Dave G. wrote:
> > Nice day to race ;-)