[Spridgets] (Fwd) Automatic rough...

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 11:44:09 MDT 2009

I had that on my GTO, back when it was my daily driver. Drove me nuts. It
would be cruising along just fine, but out of nowhere, it would sputter and
stumble. Just for about 4 seconds, but enough to be annoying.
Now I know what it was....
Except, my GTO is a standard, not an automatic.

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Jim Johnson <bmwwxman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dave,
>
> I think this phenomenon covers a broad spectrum of machines.  I have it
> when
> I ride my antique motorcycles or even the veteran ones. I have it with the
> Midget. I had it that past 2 years with the old lawnmower until it finally
> shot craps last week. I have it working on important documents on an older
> computer. I used to have it the very few times I found myself leading a
> race
> with either the car or the bike.....    I never heard the phrase "automatic
> rough" but I like it!!
>
> Cheers!!
> Jim
>
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Dave G. <kk7ss at verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > When I was flying single engine planes over water or desert, there
> > was
> > a phenomena known as "automatic rough" --- in the middle of nowhere
> > the engine would seem to start running rough... makes you sweat!
> >
> > Has anybody else, besides me, noticed this same effect when driving
> > their spridget where there are long stretches between towns??
> >
> > Just thought I'd ask....
> >
> > --
> > Dave G.   KK7SS  Richland, WA
> > '06 Honda Civic Hybrid
> > '65 MK III A-H Sprite
> > '76 MKIV 1500 Midget
> >
> > Age is just another number... !
> >

> > -------------- Enclosure number 1 ----------------
> >  * This message contains the file 'WPM$355A.PM$', which has been
> >  * uuencoded. If you are using Pegasus Mail, then you can use
> >  * the browser's eXtract function to lift the original contents
> >  * out to a file, otherwise you will have to extract the message
> >  * and uudecode it manually.
> >
> > [demime removed a uuencoded section named WPM$355A.PM$ which was 14
> lines]
> >

> --
> Cheers!!
> Jim
>  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
> not
> sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

DON JULIO 1942

www.myspace.com/tequilabrad