[Spridgets] Elkhart Lake Weekend (Pt 2 of 3)

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 12:16:41 MDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 8:47 PM, Ron Soave <soavero at yahoo.com> wrote:
<snip>
I'll leave it to Jim to comment on the appropriateness of the venue we've
got for the 50th.
</snip>

I'll just say that we couldn't ask for a better place for the Midget 50th!
On Monday Larry had arranged visits with the Sheriff, Elkhart Lake Police,
CVB, Chamber of Commerce, Victorian Village, Siebkens, and Road America.
>From which it was obvious that:

You are going to LOVE the hotel with leisurely evening drinks at the Tiki
Bar or across the street at the world renown Seibkens Tavern. If we overflow
the Victorian Village (which we may well do!) there are great rooms at
Siebkens and even the Osthoff. Right between Siebkens and the Victorian
Village is the "Hard Left" turn of the original Elkhart Lake corner!
Pictures abound of the earliest races which featured MG Midgets (T series,
of course!) but you can be sure plenty of 61-79 midgets have screeched tires
around that corner too!

There is a lot to do for wives!  Shopping, museums, historic sites - you
name it!  Even a day at the beach is only 15 miles away at Sheboygan! The
Midget 50th cheeseheads are planning some extra fun for wives and
significant others.

This was my first visit to Road America and it is a world class facility!
The autocross at the motorplex is going to be especially challenging and our
own Ron Soave will be working with the track officials to arrange a safety
car led "Track Tour" for everyone. We found a great caterer for lunch and
dinner at the track.

There is a great banquet facility at the Victorian Village where breakfast
is included with your room. We looked at the rooms and they have all
recently been remodeled and are beautifully done. We'll have space on the
green to display a few stunning examples of President's Midgets as well as
space for vendors and swap meet stuff.

There are several parking areas available around the hotel and we will have
a really great 3 bedroom hospitality suite in the main building with a huge
kitchen, dining area and living room and an even bigger veranda all
overlooking the beautiful lake below.

There are lots of trees, lots of beautiful driving roads, lots of history
and a really dedicated crew of cheeseheads putting it all together for you!
This is truly going to be the best Spridget event of all times!!  We hope to
have John Sprinzel, Daniel Stapleton, and perhaps a few other luminaries
come to talk and rub elbows with.

Gawd!!  I sound like a "Free Credit Report Dot Com" commercial!!

--
Cheers!!
Jim