[Spridgets] Elkhart Lake Weekend (Pt 3 of 3)

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 14 21:48:19 MDT 2009

Pt 3 of 3

After the show, we staggered over to Siebken's, the legendary bar. We were having such a great time the waitress had to ask us to keep it down because she could not hear other patrons' orders in the restaurant. It's been a long time since I was truly part of the rif-raff at a bar to that extent.

Sunday was racing and camp pack-up for me, and at 2PM after racing I came down with some flu bug thing that floored me and made me leave a bit prematurely to go home. I rapidly started losing my voice (hold your applause) and actually had to pull over and nap for an hour on a 2.5 hour drive home while aspirin took effect. I'm only feeling human as I type now. Peter and Larry went for their traditional drive-home chowder and Frank, Jim and David wandered over to Sheboygan and back to Elkhart. There was some Midget 50th business today with Jim, Larry and Woerpel while Frank and Lieb Spridgeted back to O'Hare.

Anyway, all in all a fantastic weekend. Thanks to all involved for a great time, Larry and Peter as usual, and especially to Frank and Jim for coming out. Jim, I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Chris, and Jeff was EXTREMELY appreciative of his help on his car. I'm looking forward to more weekends like it in the future.

Safety faster than ever,
Ron