[Spridgets] Pontiacs

Tim Collins thcollin at mtu.edu
Thu Oct 8 13:52:01 MDT 2009

Did we all own Pontiacs?

My first car was a brand new 1969 Pontiac Tempest. It was right
around $2,800. I had no business buying that car. I was in my second
year of college and 450 miles from home. I didn't have a regular
income. I was getting some $ from the Gov't because me dad was a
disabled vet. Somehow it got paid. It had a 350 V8 with a 2 speed
automatic. It would have been a nice car for the time with just about
any other transmission.

In college I took a course in Engineering Economy. Taught us about
present value, future worth, annuity, interest, etc. The best course
I ever took for preparing me for life as I didn't have good training
in the handling of money as a kid. We didn't have any to worry about.
I applied the principles of engineering economy to my personal
financial planing and it served me well.

Tim Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006@N07/