[Spridgets] Mazda rotary

Dave G. kk7ss at verizon.net
Sun Nov 8 09:12:21 MST 2009

The original Wankel engines had rotor seals made from bone (some said
human bone). There was a change to another material (haed rubber?)
that did not last long. Then they switched to ceramic; that solved
the problem.
A bigger problem was weeping between the wafers.

I had an early RX-7 (and solo'd it) but my favorite was the RX-4 twin
rotor station wagon... went like a bat out of hell. I wish I hadn't
sold it for a Dodge Aires -- Ugh!

--
Dave G.   KK7SS  Richland, WA
'06 Honda Civic Hybrid