[Spridgets] Brake problem

Peter Caldwell peter at nosimport.com
Thu May 28 07:39:36 MDT 2009

Joe, I have to ask as I didn't see an earlier post,  so.... how's
your handbrake? Does it lock the rear brakes at 3 clicks? If not,
adjust the rear shoes so that it does. If you handbrake is working
and adjusted properly, then your symptoms point to hydraulic
problems, but start with the easy stuff.

The reason it is important is that the fluid can only move a piston
so far with a single pedal stroke. If the rear shoes are adjusted too
far from the drum, it may take several quick pumps to get the shoes
to touch the drums, otherwise all of the fluid is "trying" to get the
rears to work, and as it is the least resistance, the fronts will
have to wait until the rears are working.

Peter C
===