[Spridgets] Removing nut from tie rod

Hendricksen Matt Matt.Hendricksen at us.qbe.com
Thu May 21 22:06:26 MDT 2009

Hi all,

Trying to replace the gaiters on my steering rack.  Thought I'd replace the
tie rod ends as well since the rubber on those was looking shabby.

I'm having trouble with the nut that's between the tie rod end and tie rod.  I
tried penetrating oil, a BFH and heating up the nut but nothing seems to work.
Thought about using a nut splitter, but worried about screwing up the tie
rod.

Matt
'65 Sprite
Madison, WI

This electronic message from QBE the Americas and any attachment to it is
intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It
may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this electronic message or any attachment is
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please return it to
the sender and delete this original from your system.