[Spridgets] NY Plates

72 Spridget 72spridget at gmail.com
Wed May 13 18:40:24 MDT 2009

> As I tell ANY "older" car owner, do NOT get Antq. Plates because
> of above<G>!!!  Out $78 for plates just got CHEAP, huh<G>!!!
> NOT a case for 'We Tight' !!!!!

And yet Barney Gaylord drives his MGA with IL antique plates more miles
every year than any two other people and the only problem he has ever had
was with an officer who pulled him over in 2002 and could not understand how
Barney had plates that claimed they did not expire until 2004. By the time
Barney was done explaining antique plates to the guy, he was probably happy
to escape.
There is NOT a mileage limit in Illinois. I have checked the Secretary of
State and the Illinois Motor Vehicle Code book (yes, the big one intended
for use by insomniacs).
David Lieb