[Spridgets] Carb tuning

Phil Nase nases at verizon.net
Sat May 2 12:28:55 MDT 2009

The bugeye is running but I have a problem with the rear carb.  It's a
1098 with 1.25 SUs.

Dwell is set and the timing is spot on.  Carb linkage is disconnected
and the carbs are balanced at idle of about 1000 rpm.  When I raise
the rear carb off idle with the front carb at idle the engine sputters
and dies.  Same procedure on the front carb and the engine revs
beautifully.

I tried leaning and richening the rear with no effect.

What should I be looking to change.  Pistons raise and drop freely and
dashpots are topped off.
I'm stumped.

Almost there.

Phil Nase