[Spridgets] 58 -67 Lap Belts

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 13:14:31 MDT 2009

I learned something new on this.  I thought that my 59 did not come with
belts.  I guess it would have as belts were just coming into cars around the
mid to late 50's?

My seat belt as a kid was my mothers arm outstretched in front of me when my
dad would come to a quick stop.  Not too effective. . .

The cops out here (Vacaville just outside of Sacramento) do not bother me if
I am not wearing belts. .  as the thought is that the car never came with
them when manufactured.

I wear them anyway. . . not sure they are a lot of protection if you take a
hit in one of our cars.

Kirk